First off, let me be one of the first to wish you a Happy Black History Month. While many of you just may see this month to be February, I hope you see it more than that. And while I could fill this blog everyday with a different Black History fact or story about a historical Black in the world, I like to have more fun with it.Now, this is not because I am not proud of the MANY accomplishments from Blacks. No, I do what I do because in all honesty, if one really wants to learn about the history, they'll go elsewhere than this blog I hope. So educate yourself somewhere else. Meanwhile on this blog, I will entertain and educate. I'm kind of like the "Inside Edition" or "Entertainment Tonight" of Black History Month. You know, "infotainment".
So for this Black History Month, I have yet again enlisted the help of my friend Luke. He grew up in Tiffin, OH and yes, he is White so deep down, I think Martin Luther King Jr. is proud of our tradition. Each year, we come up with a theme for Black History Month. Two years ago, Luke had to give me a song with the word "Black" or a song by an artist with "Black" in their name. That one went well and the list is at the end of this post. Last year, he had to give me his 29 favorite Black people. That didn't go as well as both of us dropped the ball.
But this year will be different. This year's theme will be "Favorite Black people/characters in TV". Simple concept and something Luke and I knew could be done. So as you celebrate your Black History Month, make sure to check out this blog as we countdown Luke's favorite Black people on TV and what they have meant to my life (if anything). I will update this blog daily with the newest person and will have a quote of the day. Oh, and for real, if you don't consider yourself even remotely well-versed in Black history, do yourself a favor and learn something new.
Hakuna Matata and Happy Black History Month!
Black History Month 2007 - Songs With "Black"
1. Ram Jam - "Black Betty"
2. James Brown - "Say It Loud! I'm Black and I'm Proud"
3. Will Smith - "Men In Black"
4. Rolling Stones - "Paint It Black"
5. AC/DC - "Back In Black"
6. Pearl Jam - "Black"
7. Josh Turner - "Long Black Train"
8. Metallica - "Fade To Black"
9. My Chemical Romance - "Welcome To The Black Parade"
10. KT Tunstall - "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree"
11. Goo Goo Dolls - "Black Balloon"
12. Union Knives - "Lick Black Gold"
13. Vanessa Carlton - "Painted Black"
14. Blackstreet - "No Diggity"
15. Black Sabbath - "Crazy Train"
16. Keith Urban - "Where The Black Top Ends"
17. Snow Patrol - "Black and Blue"
18. The Beatles - Blackbird"
19. Ray Charles - "Bye Bye Blackbird"
20. Prince - "Black Sweat"
21. Dem Franchise Boys - "In My Black Tees"
22. The Black Kings - "Set You Free"
23. Black Eyed Peas and Jack Johnson - "Gone Going"
24. OAR - "Black Rock"
25. Ray Camontagne - "Until The Sun Turns Black"
26. Clint Black - "Nothing But The Tail Lights"
27. Swollen Members - "Black Magic"
28. Death From Above 1979's - "Black History Month"
No comments:
Post a Comment