Hello again everyone, or should I say "What Up?". You'll understand that as you continue this post. In case you are wondering, yes, this post is a day late but again, does it matter? No. Just like the Civil Rights Movement, better late than never right? We're coming onto the #6 pick from Luke. In case you've been living under a rock, the countdown is all about his favorite Black TV characters/personalities. It's been a good list so far and no doubt, will continue to be as we get near the top 10. But who did Luke choose today? Well, be prepared.February 23, 2009
#6 - Alex Adeyanju/Matt Barnes - "Gridiron Glory"

Read Luke's full post here (if you dare)
#6 - Alex Adeyanju/Matt Barnes - "Gridiron Glory"

Read Luke's full post here (if you dare)
Luke's Take: Maybe I am a little biased. Okay, I am probably a lot biased, but these two guys are my all-time favorite sporting television hosts. For three consecutive years, Matt Barnes and Alex Adeyanju entertained Southeast Ohio, in particular Southeast Ohio football fans. For three years, these two hosted the Emmy-award winning Gridiron Glory. Even though Barnes and Adeyanju have left WOUB and are now onto bigger and better things, their performance for those three years will never be forgotten. They both are pioneers in the sense, as they were the first two black hosts of Gridiron Glory. So, in a weird way, you could say they were the Jackie Robinson/Larry Doby of Southeast Ohio.
My Take: First off, I did not mandate this pick. In fact, I thought I was exempt from this list completely but apparently not. As far as my selection, I am honored to make the list. To have me above the likes of Michael Wilbon, Bernie Mac and Dave Chappelle is truly humbling. So thank you Luke.
As for Alex Adeyanju, what can I say? He's a great guy. He's had my back as long as I have known him. From my freshman year when I was the only other Black guy to my senior year when he was alreadyin Vegas, he's always been looking out for me. While working for "GG", I looked up to him. I never envisioned myself replacing him as the host but somehow I did. He was great on "GG" but he's even better now, completely in his element working for the Las Vegas Sun. I have nothing but respect for the guy and I am glad Luke acknowledged him as well.
B.H.M. Quote Of The Day: "We all do 'do, re, mi,' but you have got to find the other notes yourself." ~Louis Armstrong
1 comment:
Wow. That's it. Wow.
Post a Comment