And then there were three. That's right, we are down to the final three people in Luke's favorite Black TV characters/personalities. I think I know 2 of the top 3, considering the two would be tops on my list. In fact, his choice today is one of those 2. If you've been missing picks, it's never too late to head to the archives and catch up before the big reveal of the #1 pick (which I think is pretty easy to guess). If you don't wanna go the archive route, I'll have a recap with all the picks soon after Black History Month is over. But enough from me. Luke is the star of this show.February 26, 2009
#3 - Bill Cosby as "Cliff Huxtable" - "The Cosby Show"

Read Luke's full post here (come on, it is Bill Cosby)
#3 - Bill Cosby as "Cliff Huxtable" - "The Cosby Show"

Read Luke's full post here (come on, it is Bill Cosby)
Luke's Take: Bill Cosby has done enough Jello pudding commercials that one might think he is turning into Fat Albert himself. He also came into the entertainment business as a stand-up comedian, but make no mistake, his role as Cliff Huxtable is what he will be remembered as. It's funny, even though I could name all five Cosby kids in order, (Sondra, Denise, Theo, Vanessa, and Rudy), it took me a couple extra seconds to remember Bill's characters' name. By now, those two are almost synonymous.
My Take: First off, what a great picture. Well, there was no doubt Bill Cosby had to make this list. As the patriarch of the best TV family ever, he could've easily been #1 on a lot of lists if not for his age I presume. Bill Cosby is a pioneer. What he did for TV was amazing. What he did for America through "The Cosby Show" though cannot never be measured.
The show had it all. It aimed to defy every stereotype given to Blacks. It was funny, thanks to Cosby's great writing (in most cases). The stories were wholesome so the entire family could watch. And he opened the eyes of a nation to a Black culture, bringing in numerous Black poets, authors, singers and celebrities as guests. And furthermore, the mark of a good show is one that you can watch over and over and still enjoy. And that is how I feel about "The Cosby Show". And just think, while shows like "The Hughleys" and "My Wife and Kids" have tried to replicate the show, they simply couldn't because they were missing a key ingredient: Bill Cosby.
I was lucky enough to see Bill Cosby when he did a comedy show at OU. As expected, he was hilarious. And while I love and respect his comedy, I love and respect the man so much more. I hate to think where Blacks would be without Bill Cosby. Like Luke said in his post, this list could be dedicated to him because besides Redd Foxx, none of the other names may have never been respected on TV. Well done Luke (if you didn't have him though, this list would have been considered a joke).
B.H.M. Quote Of The Day: There is hope for the future because God has a sense of humor and we are funny to God. ~Bill Cosby
No comments:
Post a Comment