Well, a belated Happy Valentines Day to everyone. I know this post is late but such is life, and that life is called the weekend. Hope you all had a wonderful one. This post will officially mark the halfway mark as well as be the 100th post to this blog. I'm very proud of both achievements. Enough about that though, let's get back to the countdown of Luke's favorite Black TV characters/personalities. Let's hope he recovers from a lackluster #16.Luke's Take: I've stated in previous posts, and you will hear it again in future ones, how much I love the black-white relationships. The fact that he and Rob are best friends (or at the very least, appear to be on the show) helped his rating for this list tremendously.
Thanks to Big Black, my vocabulary has shown significant signs of growth. His "do work" phrase is one I repeat every time I get the opportunity. Not to mention his love of using "son," which has become a favorite of mine as well. But it's not just his dialect that I am a fan of. It his is "no drama" approach to life, his willingness to make a fool of himself in almost any situation, and the way he interacts with Rob.
My Take: I've only seen a few episodes of Rob & Big, but of the ones I have seen, I have enjoyed it. And like Luke, I am a big fan of the interaction between Rob and Big Black. The two just have a great chemistry and if they aren't really best friends, they sure do a good job acting like it.
Now, will he forever be remembered as a titan of Black TV? Of course not, but that's okay. Because in all honesty, all Black TV character that isn't doing drugs or going to jail is a portrayal that needs to be seen more often. And yes, that includes Big Black, a faithful friend, always down to do anything with or for his friend and have the occasional heart to heart talk.
B.H.M. Quote of the Day: I can accept failure. Everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying. ~Michael Jordan

No comments:
Post a Comment