Well, the time has come to begin the countdown. If you missed the intro piece, just go to the archives and read it. It's pretty simple. In order to commemorate Black History Month, my friend Luke is providing his list of 28 favorite Black TV characters.Each day, I will link you to his blog to read his full post. Trust me, it will be a good read and probably have some great media clips to supplement his decision. On my blog, I will have a quick summary of his pick and what that person means to me, if anything. Plus, a quote of the day. So here we go...
February 1st, 2009
#28 - Rev Run (Jeremy Simmons) - "Run's House"
#28 - Rev Run (Jeremy Simmons) - "Run's House"

Luke's Take: "What I like about Rev Run is that he seems like an everyday genuine Dad. He is full of life lessons, tries to set his children straight, and has a solid sense of humor. I know it is just a reality TV show, but unlike The Osbournes, Run's House appears to be more real than reality TV."
My Take: Well, we are off to a good start with Rev Run. Not gonna lie, I haven't seen a full episode of the show because I don't care to watch shows about how rich people live their lives. I do know he ends the show in the tub each night, which to me is kind of creepy but when you're rich, you can do do what you want I guess.
But I have heard good things about the show and how it is actually a positive portrayal of a Black family (tough to find on TV these days) so I will commend Luke on having him on the list.
B.H.M. Quote Of The Day: This being Black History Month, I would like to ask people to celebrate the similarities and not focus on the differences between people of color and not of color. ~Lynn Swann
No comments:
Post a Comment