
Time for another set of trailers to go with the reveal of ten more movies. Been a busy week with the birthday and all but making time to watch these trailers and post it on the blog is a must-do. I truly look forward to watching these trailers because it allows to me to re-live the movie a bit, even if for just 2 minutes. I will rank this latest batch from 1-10 at the end. Happy watching!
80. Ladybugs
My Take: You get a feel for the comedy of Dangerfield in this trailer but not enough. He really makes this movie funny. But beyond that, the trailer is just sort of boring. I assure you the entire movie is better than this trailer.
79. Heavyweights
My Take: Not a big fan of this trailer as well. While it does highlight some funny parts of the movie, it doesn't really capture the comedy at all. Instead, it focuses more on the underdog aspect, which is fine, but not nearly as entertaining.
78. Jerry Maguire
My Take: Good quality trailer. You get to know the story. You get some great comedic and dramatic parts. And you get attached to the characters without even knowing them. Kudos for the numerous shots of Jonathan Lipnicki, who makes me smile just looking at his goofy face.
77. Shrek
My Take: Having seen the movie, this trailer isn't that great. Not awful, but not great. But if I hadn't seen the movie, I would have really like it a lot more because it was so different than any other animated movie.
76. Little Miss Sunshine
My Take: Now that's how you make a trailer. Let the actors carry it. Not a narrator. Just in this trailer alone you get an idea of just how this ensemble of characters will make for great comedy. Not just that but you get an idea of the story but without giving anything away.
75. 8 Mile
My Take: A solid trailer here as well. It gives you the plot, advances it from start to near finish, and gives you a slight glimpse into the messed up life B-Rabbit has. It is now up to the viwer to watch to find out how he came to be who he is and what he will become.
74. Hook
My Take: I find it very interesting that in a movie about Peter Pan and Captain Hook that the trailer didn't show one scene form Neverland. Very daring considering the trailer stinks without that footage. But for those who trust Steven Spielberg and already know the story of Peter Pan, you probably saw it anyways and left happy like I did.
73. One Fine Day
My Take: A good trailer considering the premise of the movie. It is all one day and you don't want to give away too much of the big events that happen during the day. It's a good tease of how the two hate each other with a passion early but later, gain a passion for each other. How they get there actually is what makes this movie good.
72. Precious
My Take: There's no way to make this trailer and have it come off as a feel-good movie. That's because it is not. It is a powerful movie and I think this trailer does it justice. You know who to hate, who to root for, and just how tough it is for a young woman like Precious in just 2 minutes.
71. Clueless
My Take: There are better scenes I would have put in this trailer but I understand keeping those hidden until the movie. This trailer does just fine but leaves me wanting more. It's fair to say that if my sister didn't make me see this movie, I may not have seen it at all, and that would be a shame.
So there are the ten. In order of favorite to least favorite,
1. Little Miss Sunshine
2. 8 Mile
3. Jerry Maguire
4. Precious
5. Clueless
6. One Fine Day
7. Shrek
8. Heavyweights
9. Ladybugs
10. Hook
Look for Luke's trailers on his blog very soon and of course, check both of our blogs for reaction to each other's movies 71-80. As always, thanks for reading. Comments are welcome!
Hakuna Matata
No comments:
Post a Comment