So I'm no expert on this college thing. I mean, I think I know a few things but in no way am I the perfect person to talk to about how you spend your college career. But one thing that I will remember the most about college that I hope others will too are to cherish those moments that I like to call "college moments". It's those moments that made you laugh and smile. It's the reflection back into when were naive freshmen or just that look back at something last week.
So what are some of my college moments? Well, let me start in freshman year. Moments such as my first night shadowing a reporter for Gridiron Glory and a girl from Logan asking for my phone number (I gave her a fake one). There's also that moment when the ball rolled into the hoop, sending the Bobcats to the NCAA tourney. All I remember is running out into the hallway, screaming and clapping the hands of fellow 'Cats, ecstatic that the school we went too would get a little national attention. I began playing the fight song and the CBS NCAA song over and over to set the mood too. There's also that moment of Lawrence Welk Kings...believe me, it was great. Oh, and of course I couldn't forget that moment of drinking with my future best friend in his dorm room during finals week. Door wide open and people walking by stunned at our bravery/lack of caring. Best part: RA walks by and doesn't care at all.
Sophomore year had its moments as well. Actually, it had a ton and most of them involved the fun in Bromley 310. There were the many late-night chats with Luke, talking about random stuff. There was Kevin snoring loudly. There was the item we left behind the futon that we left as a gift on the door. There were made-for-tv movies, Love Monkey and the two-TV system that will never be matched. There was waking up as my loft rocked through the night. There was also the party of all parties: 40 people, one dorm room, 9 cases bought...and not one can was left. Oh classic. There was also the day that I got two jobs in one hour. The moments on the 6th floor and the many Wheat Thins consumed. And one of my favorite moments: guessing the name of the new Pope and then betting on when he would die (terrible, I know).
Over the summer, there were moments. Watching Falcon Beach religiously and making up a drinking game to make the show even better...though it was entertaining enough. Then, in an effort to keep the fun going, turning "Whose Line Is It Anyway" into a drinking game as well (I was always Wayne Brady). Going to countless Copperhead games and getting paid for it. My unfortunate event in the apartment across the hall. The fun that was PC2K6. Winning the inaugural IM Amazing Race. And the first of many parties at 79 N. Congress...and the phone call that almost sent me to Nelsonville to bail out my best friend.
Junior and Senior year had a ton of moments but I've chronicled those in blogs of old...so there's no need to go crazy in-depth. Plus, I'm tired of writing about this subject because of how wordy it gets me. So I'm gonna stop...but man oh man, those were some moments. If you're reading this and not graduating, just remember to enjoy the moments you have left in college. Even the ones that don't seem like they are memorable then just might be later. Hakuna Matata
No comments:
Post a Comment