Wednesday, January 06, 2010

New Year's Resolutions 2010

I've always hated New Year's Resolutions. Just like giving up something for 40 days during Lent, I never stick to them. Instead, I disappoint myself within a month. So after about 10-15 of making resolutions, I decided to give it up. That is, until last year, when I decided to give it one more try.

The list was short but all were very important to me. And while I knew that I had about a one percent chance of carrying out the resolution, the fact that I ever wrote them down made me feel good about myself and my priorities.

For that reason, I am going to try to make resolutions again. This year, I give myself a two percent chance of actually keeping with them. Hey, that's improvement.

Before I write this year's resolutions, here's a quick recap of 2009.

2009 RESOLUTIONS
1. Pray every night - I'd say I did a decent job with this. Considering I don't go to church in Augusta, I found this one important. But there were some nights I fall asleep before I let God know how much I appreciate him.

2. Lose 20 lbs by April - What a dumb reoslution. I didn't need to lose weight. I just needed to get in shape. Glad I didn't carry through with this one.

3. Call member of family every day - This was a bit ambitious. There were a lot of days where calling anyone would have been impossible or just flat out worthless since the day was as exciting as watching paint dry.

4. Put $150 in savings every month - Eh, didn't do it every month. When I fell behind, I tried to catch up. But in the end, I fell short.

5. Write on this blog once a week - Well, as seen by the 6-month hiatus from this post to the last, I'd say that was a big fail.

6. Watch a new movie every week - I surely thought I could do this one. But alas, I just forgot too many weeks. In the end, I think I saw just 20 movies in 2009.

7. Become a better golfer by May - This was strictly aimed at playing Augusta National. By May, I was a better golfer and shot 115 on the course. It could've been better so I'll just give myself half-credit for this.

8. Run a half-marathon - SUCCESS!

Alright, now that I depressed myself with my lack of motivation, here are the 2010 New Year's Resolutions

2010 RESOLUTIONS
1. Eat out no more than twice a week
2. Write on both blogs at least once a week
3. Shoot better than 115 at Augusta National
4. Get to the gym 3-4 days a week OR complete P90X
5. Put $200 into savings each month
6. Run a second half-marathon
7. Call and catch up with a different friend each week
8. Start thinking about the next career step


There are more but they'll still hidden to your eye. For now though, that's the short list. Happy New Year everyone and of course, Hakuna Matata!

No comments: