Thursday, September 25, 2008

Homecoming 2008 (in Augusta)

Well, this weekend is Ohio University's Homecoming, 2008 edition. It's the first Homecoming since I transitioned from a student to an alum. So it kind of sucks to not actually be there for it. But since I knew this would be a fact before I even graduated, I've kind of gotten over it. But that doesn't mean I still won't miss all my friends and the tons of fun to be had in the ATH.

So I decided to have a little fun. I will first give my plans for this Homecoming weekend in Augusta and then, what I would do if I were actually in the ATH. We start in Augusta:

HOMECOMING - AUGUSTA STYLE
FRIDAY
9am - Wake Up
10am - Go To Gym/Run
Noon - TV/Surf Web
2:30pm - Go To Work
5pm - Go To HS Football Stadium for live shot
6:30pm - Go to 2 HS Football games
10pm - Back To Station
11:15pm - On The Air
Midnight - Leave Work, Go Home/Out

SATURDAY
11am - Wake Up/Watch Gameday in bed
Noon - Out of Bed/Watch OSU in HD
1:30 - Leave for Work at halftime
4pm - Leave for Columbia, SC
5pm - Eat dinner with (the) Kyle Lewis
7pm - Start of UAB/South Carolina
8:30pm - Leave Columbia, SC for Augusta
9:30pm - Back in Augusta, Cut highlights
11:23pm - On The Air
11:35pm - Leave Work, Go Home/Out

SUNDAY
Noon - Wake Up/Watch NFL Today in bed
1pm - Out of Bed/Watch ATL/CAR in HD
2:30pm - Leave For Work at halftime
6:23pm - On The Air
6:30pm - Dinner Break
11:23pm - On The Air again
11:35pm - Leave Work, Go Home

Thrilling I know huh? Now, for my dream Homecoming in the ATH

HOMECOMING - ATHENS STYLE
FRIDAY
11am - Wake Up
Noon - Pizza Hut Lunch Buffet w/GG peeps
2pm - Find A Tour Guide, Heckle him/her
3pm - Head To Ping, Say Hi To IM Peeps
4pm - Head to WOUB, Say Hi To GG peeps/frosh
4:30pm - Head to IM Fields, Make fun of all working
5pm - Meet some peeps at an establishment and begin consumption
6:30pm - Goodfellas Pizza break
6:32pm - Back to establishment
7:30pm - GG Tailgate Event
8:32pm - Back to, well, you know...
11:20pm - Another Goodfellas break
11:25pm - Up to station for GG live
Midnight - GG after-party
3:30am - DM at USD
4am - Sleep

SATURDAY
5am - Kegs and Eggs @ an establishment
7am - Nap
9am - Back at it @ an establishment
10am - Parade time, Yell at people, Give candy to little kids, etc...
Noon - Watch OSU 1st half @ establishment
2pm - OU football game
3:30pm - Leave after Marching 110
4pm - Another nap
6pm - Back at it @ an establishment
7pm - IM Homecoming Party
2am - Chicken Gringo and Chips and Sombrero at Big Momma's to cap off night

SUNDAY
Noon - Wake Up (hopefully)
1pm - $3.95 Chinese
1:30pm - Hit the road to Augusta. It's a long damn drive...

Oh, I wish.

But honestly, I really wish I could be there. Beyond the many friends that are still there from the new seniors to even a few freshmen I know there, it would be great to catch up with the Class of '08 and earlier crew. I know my tolerance is nowhere near what it was senior year so it would make it that more fun.

I miss everything about OU from the Court Street bricks to the pointless Punchcard Park (still have no idea why it's there). And to be away from it when many are back is tough. But it's all a part of being this far away. I wanted to get away from the Midwest so I get what I ask for. But again, it's all good.

Have fun everyone and if you call, wait till after midnight when I am off work. Really wish I could be there. To all those at OU now, remember to treat the alums well. They are wiser and just wanna have fun. And to the alums, soak it in. Some of us like me can't make it so you have to make up for it. GO BOBCATS and drink up!

No comments: