Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I MISS FOOTBALL (AND THE BLUE JACKETS)

Yo, welcome to the next post. Sorry for the delay. Surprisingly, I've been busy. Between saving little kids' lives and doing 20 hours of community service every weekend, I forget to sit down and write my thoughts down on this blog. But, have no fear. I found some time to let you know how my life is goin. So here goes....

This past weekend may have been my best at OU. And that's really sayin somethin because there have been some GREAT weekends. This past weekend, not only did my best buds from CBus come down on Friday but I had a great follow-up to that night with a crazy Palmerfest. I'll spare you the details (cuz I don't really remember them) but trust me, mad fun. If you haven't visited OU on a weekend, what's wrong with you? Ever seen the movie Old School and the party Vince Vaughn throws? Well, that's OU on a Tuesday. What I'm sayin is if you haven't been, get yo azz down here and have a good time. If not, your life will not be complete.

I hope everyone's Mother's Day went well. That's all I have to say about that....ya losers.

Well actually, let me throw one thought out there at least. Why do we have "Mother's Day"? Shouldn't we celebrate our mothers everyday? Why do I need floral companies and Hallmark tellin me when I HAVE to do something nice for my mom? UGH, and the sad thing is that most of America follows along. So what's that mean for Matt? You look like an ungrateful son if you send nothing. You know what, I am a great son and my mom knows that. She doesn't need a card to know that I love her. Now don't get me wrong, I gave my mom a card and even my grandmother but really though, days like Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, and Father's Day should all just dissolve. Every day should be their day because they deserve it. Just think about that before you start searching for that Dad's day card. Instead, just call him and say, "Thanks Pops". That's better than any dumb card you buy at CVS (which by the way, cost a arm and a leg).

Now to more serious stuff, like the Indians collapsing before our very eyes. WTF? The Tigers and Royals? 6 losses in a frickin row....unacceptable. I mean, honestly, the kid from Bad New Bears can beat the Royals, and they have a kid in a wheelchair. I don't know what's goin on with the Tribe though. The team is built to win. Solid pitching, young hitting, and a great, well, make that decent, actually, pathetic bullpen. Oh, looks like I just answered my own question. Yes, our bullpen sucks. Plain and simple. And I blame the Reds for this. The frickin Danny Graves curse. Ever since we got the Vietmanese wonder (who needs a frickin haircut), we've gone down the tank. What about the Reds? Oh, how bout they once had the 2nd best record in the league. There is a simple solution to this problem Indians: Drop Danny. Once Graves is gone, we'll prolly run off 15 in a row. If that doesn't work, have manager Eric Wedge grow a moustache. At least that way, I can laugh at how dumb he looks while we give up 5 runs in the bottom of the ninth.

Speaking of giving up runs, our softball team gave up 16 in our final game. Somehow, we tied but wow, we should have lost. If I counted right, I think we had 254 errors. Most teams can't win with that many errors but like the true heroes in Cool Runnings, we finished strong to the end. So now what I do look forward to? That's a good question....well maybe

THE AMAZING RACE FINALE WEDNESDAY NIGHT!

If you can't tell, I'm a little excited about this. But that's another story for another day.

So how bout this weather we're having? Frickin joke. J-O-K-E joke. It's the middle of May and I wake up for class and can see my breath outside. Not only that, but I don't think the sun has come out in over 2 weeks. How the hell am I supposed to get my suntan? Plus, I give campus tours and trust me, when it's nice outside, this campus kicks every other campus' ass. But with this dreary weather, even I don't wanna go here. I wanna go to sleep (or Brazil). Not only that, but with the constant rain, my work schedule keeps gettin screwed up. Am I complaining? Of course I am. I'm good at it. If there were a job where all I could do was complain, I'd work there. But anyways, let's get the sun back out cause at this rate, no one is gonna wanna come to OU, and that's a tragedy.

Well, I'm gonna end this post a little early because I wanna save some material for the end of the week. Yes, I will update this either tomorrow or Thursday. Lot of great stuff on my mind and as a reader, I know you want more posts so I will satisfy your hunger. But for now, time for a closing quote. I had trouble thinking of a quote for this post. Normally, something dumb is said during the week or something prompts me to get a quote from someone. This week, I will leave you with this simple 6-word quote from some Disney golf movie that I refuse to see.

"Read it, Roll it, Hole it"

To see that quote more times, take some time out of your day and read my friend Luke's blog. Here's the link: http://argumentking.blogspot.com. He's got a list of his top 40 sports figures going on. Yea, it's a long read, but a damn good one as well so get goin on that while you wait for my next post. For now though, I have important things to do like go eat lunch and ....well, eating lunch is important enough. So until the next post, stay warm, go Tribe, and Hakuna Matata!

2 comments:

Luke said...

you have to see that movie ... thanks for the shout-out buddy

Anonymous said...

Great weekend and thanks for having us, but mothers day is a celebration and a day were we are suppose to sit down and recognize our mothers. I am sorry you do not do that for your mother because you went out to some "great" party but I took that time to let my mom be in the spotlight for one day out of the whole year. So respect the day because its about your mother.
O yea, Indians are killing me.