Thursday, March 05, 2015
Matt's Top 100 Films: Reviewing Luke's 91-100
The great thing about this movie countdown is that I have a comrade in this journey. Luke Florence has been a good friend for more than 10 years now and like me, shares a love of list-making.
And so, as I post my top 100 movies on my blog, so will Luke on his blog. And because we are such good friends, we will have reaction posts to the other's list every step of the way. But instead of reviewing each and every movie on the list as we did 4 years ago, we're switching things up and making up some categories.
His may be different than mine but the sentiment is the same. React to the other's list with complete honesty.
So here goes.
Luke's Post (91-100)
100. Ocean's Eleven (Seen)
99. Inside Man
98. Stranger Than Fiction
97. Dumb and Dumber (Seen)
96. The Descendants (Seen)
95. Captain Phillips (Seen)
94. Se7en (Seen)
93. Tin Cup (Seen)
92. Up In The Air
91. The Social Network
Best Movie: Se7en
Hard to beat this cast (Freeman, Pitt, and yes, even Spacey) and the plot is outstanding. Luke had it right when this isn't your typical detective "whodunnit". It's a lot about how the suspect went about things and who he did them too. It's also another one of those movies that brings up moral issues as the bad guy is doing things to bad people, so how bad should I feel? Some may not like the final act of this movie but I'm a fan, even if I have to deal with Pitt's whiny "What's in the box" voice.
Worst Movie: Dumb and Dumber
As a kid, I thought this movie was funny. Got a little louder, just thought it was dumb. Now if I see it on TV, I groan. It's just not that funny of a movie anymore. Yeah, it has its moments and its quotables, but as a movie, I find myself annoyed by its stupidity more than entertained. I love Jeff Daniels and Jim Carrey too. The fact they made a sequel years later blows my mind.
Biggest Surprise: The George Clooney love affair
Not sure if Luke is a 29-year old man or a 45-year old woman. George Clooney is a fine actor. Never been one of my favorites but just fine. But to see three movies with him starring in them in this group of 10 is a bit surprising. Makes me think Luke has a man crush on him. Ocean's is an okay movie, nothing special. The Descendants is a really good movie, one I thought might be higher on the list. I've never seen Up In The Air but I've heard nothing but good things about that movie. Plus, Anna Kendrick is in it.
Movie I Haven't Seen But Want To: Inside Man
I could have gone a few ways with this one but Luke's recap of this movie makes me want to see this movie now. I know nothing about the ending but apparently, I won't see it coming. And that alone intrigues me. In fact, I have it set on my DVR to record next week. Can't wait to watch.
Prediction(s) For Next Week: No George Clooney, first movie from 2014, first Clint Eastwood film
That's all for now. Looking forward to next week.
Hakuna Matata
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment