FRIENDS...CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT THEM
First off, lemme start this blog with an apology for the more than 4 month layoff. I've been busy or just lazy and have failed to put a post up but right now, I have time so I shall proceed.
So this past weekend, I went home. I've been reluctant to go home this entire quarter because every weekend away from OU is truly one to be missed. Whether it be the parties, events or random interactions, there's always smething I'm missing out on when I leave for the capital city. But the one thing that I get when I go home is my friends....the ones that have been with me since I was a 119lb. freshman who only knew three people on his first day of high school.
Going home to them was great...a welcome break from the drunken debauchery at the bars in Athens. Oh, there was still drinking involved but it was a more relaxed atmosphere because there was no pressure to leave for someplace else or do anything...because we all knew just being together is what mattered. I especially felt this way after not seeing all of them at one time in over 2 months. I was able to catch up on the latest news and gossip of the crew back home and we talked like idiots as usual about stuff that doesn't even matter. But that's the joy of it...having a good time and you don't really know why.
Now don't get me wrong, I have close friends at OU as well. Friends that I can turn to whenever I need to talk, argue or rant. I've noticed that in this senior year, it is those friends that I call every weekend to hang out with because I know deep down, those are the ones I am going to miss when I depart this heaven known as the college years in Athens. They are the ones I really plan on staying in contact with and visiting whenever possible. Every time we hang out, it's a blast and even when it isn't that much fun, there at least seems to be a good story about why it wasn't.
So yea, I think, I'm a lucky guy. I've got friends in all places (I'm no Garth Brooks....sorry) and lemme tell ya, it's a great feeling to have. Whether it's my TNC Mafia boys in CBUS, my IM Buddies in Athens, my WOUBers in RTV or the Browns Backer at the 'Berg, I know they have my back. Now I just can't wait for my bachelor party when we all get together and well...lemme stop dreaming about that cuz I need a girl first but you know what I mean. It'll be fun...a lot of fun indeed.
HAKUNA MATATA
2 comments:
Wow; your times back home sound ridiculously similar to mine, and I live in the boondocks.
It's a wonderful thing.
you could just plan a bachelor party and then get with a girl afterwards?? ... that's what i plan on doing
Post a Comment